CrowdJustice for Lawyers
Helping your clients to access the legal system by using crowdfunding to finance their case.
What is crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is a way of bringing people together to achieve positive change on an issue or for a person they care about. CrowdJustice harnesses this power to help people or groups take legal action or engage an attorney. It allows anyone to call on family and friends and build a wider network of supporters to fund or offset costs of their case.
If you'd like to find out more about how CrowdJustice can help your clients, enter your email below and we'll be in touch.
Which kind of case is eligible?
Crowdfunding can work for a wide range of cases. As long as an attorney is engaged, a case can be crowdfunded if:
The person raising funds is passionate about their case
There are a few days to spread the word
A community or network can be motivated to support the case
How does it work?
You or your client submit contact information to CrowdJustice. This only takes around 5 minutes.
We’ll reply to ensure the case is eligible and to get client account details.
The case goes live on the site and your client begins fundraising, promoting their page to bring in donations.
When donations have reached the target amount, backers' cards are charged.
Funds are transferred directly to your client trust account. Your client keeps backers updated as the case progresses
What lawyers say about CrowdJustice
"What's been great for our clients who have used CrowdJustice is the ability it gives them to feel empowered, not only to access justice, but also to create real change in their lives or the lives of people in their community"
Partner, Deighton Pierce Glynn
"When we represented a campaign group in their intervention to the Supreme Court, they used CrowdJustice to raise funds but also to raise awareness about the issue of joint enterprise. It was a powerful way for their supporters to feel they had a voice."
Partner, ITN Solicitors
Crowdfunding built for legal cases
- Funds raised go directly to your client account, giving backers comfort that it's a real case, and removing the need for plaintiffs to set up a separate account or company to handle funds.
- Our platform is designed with attorney client money rules and anti-money laundering protections in mind. We do KYC checks on every case owner and sanctions and PEPs checks on backers.
- CrowdJustice doesn't change the relationship between you and your client. Your client is ultimately responsible for all your legal costs and any adverse costs.
- If there are unused funds at the end of the case, we have a simple mechanism in place. Namely, the plaintiff returns unused funds to CrowdJustice, and we in turn donate them to a designated charity dedicated to furthering access to justice.
- We provide a mechanism for your clients to keep their backers updated about the legal case - connecting people to issues they care about and demystifying the law.